VISION AND VALUES
You are probably wondering who we are, what we believe, and where we are going as a church. These are great questions. Below is a great place to start. We also have an Explorer's class every few months to help people get an orientation to our church. Please feel free to contact someone on our pastoral team and we would love to grab a coffee and share with you who we are and where we are going as a church!
We have a vision for the kind of Christian we're trying to form and become: it's the kind of Christian that will engage with the spiritually hungry, toward a life in Christ that's inspired, intelligent, and involved.
In other words, we're trying to be a Christian community for your heart, your head, and your hands.
All are welcome, no matter your background or starting point as we explore, embrace, and embark on this life of faith.
HOW WE GROW
We also have a plan for our spiritual formation. It's based on the observation that the type of Christ-follower that we're describing in our vision statement is usually involved regularly and simultaneously in four “experiences":
1) Encounter: These are the moments when we brush up against the presence of God, usually in worship and Bible Study. We also put out weekly devotionals so you can encounter God throughout the week as well.
2) Be Reflective: We want to think about and reflect on what God has for us, what pricked us in our spirit, or warmed our heart and ask some questions about that.
3) Be a Blessing: Our faith and what we learn is not a solo activity. God has called us to take who He is making us to be and to leverage our gifts and ability to bless others. So, how is God forming you and how can you use that to bless others?
4) Be Together: We cannot do this journey of faith alone. We need each other for encouragement and correction. We spur each other on towards love and good deeds.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Marin Covenant Church Is committed to orthodoxy rooted in scripture and a pastoral heart that allows space for people to start their journey from where ever they are at.
We are part of the Evangelical Covenant Church and affirm the following:
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the church.
- We affirm the church as a fellowship of believers.
- We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.